Sunday, April 3, 2011

14 months later

My second blog is introspective. The past year has been full of many adventure in travel as well as fine tuning my craft - that of a travel agent and even our eldest daughter's wedding!
First, THE ADVENTURES. I've been to Tahiti twice since my first blog. The 2nd time reacquainted me to Le Taha'a Resort on the motu of Taha'a. What's a motu you might ask...a motu is a tiny islandette. The resort was created around the natural foliage so it is a part of the motu and not a resort imposed on the motu. More later.
The Hilton Moorea is my go to resort in French Polynesia. The vision of Olivier Larcher, the General Manager of the Hilton Moorea is becoming a reality. I am proud to say that I'm helping put my Mari Marks stamp on the resort. If you ever go to the restaurants, you'll see a bit of that stamp. Don't be turned off by the Hilton part of the name. The Hilton Moorea is a 5 star resort set in the most interesting islands of French Polynesia.
My husband, Jeff, daughter, Cayla and her wonderful boyfriend joined me on a Crystal Cruise from Monte Carlo to Rome last Fall. We visited Casta Diva in the Lake Come region of Italy and Chateau St. Martin and the Four Seasons in Provence before the cruise. These 3 distinct properties were special in their own unique way and I would recommend them 110%! I would also recommend the surrounding cities as wonderful "finds" both with their individual boutiques and restaurants. It was so nice to shop and not feel like I was in a mall, anywhere USA.
Other travels included Napa to celebrate Jeff's 55th birthday with a group of our dearest friends. We stayed at Meadowood and had a fantastic time. We also visited Ojai where we stayed at the Ojai Valley Inn and Pelican Hill in Newport Beach.

I love being a travel agent and making people happy. SUCH A SIMPLE GOAL. What I've learned about the business, is that it helps to have "friends". I've met the general managers and sales managers at various properties and believe me, it has helped my clients with added value things like upgraded rooms, meals, resort credits and more!
I'll write more about situations that occured and how they were resolved in future blogs.

HERE'S THE SPECIAL: For those looking for a resort close to home, check out La Costa. Their stay 3 nights and the 4th night is free special is fantastic! It even includes breakfast for 2! This offer is exclusively for PROTRAVEL clients and is valid until June 30, 2011 based on availability. Here's their link:
http://www.lacosta.com/.
Let me know if this interests you.
Bye for now.
Mari
mari.marks@protravelinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment