Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guide Books: Where to Buy Them? & Napa/Sonoma Special!

BEST GUIDE BOOKS


Some of us still use Guide Books to research out their travel.  Even though there are many to choose from, when I want the down and dirty, I tend to go to D K Eyewitness for their overall information while I'm researching from home. These books are HEAVY but I love the pictures and details.  Once I have an idea of what I want, I carry Michelin or Lonely Planet with me as I travel.




In Los Angeles, my favorite bookstore to browse is The Traveler's Bookcase on West Third Street near Cedar Sinai.

_________________________________________________________________

Bonus: Napa/Sonoma Special!!

Wintering in Wine Countries!
Meadowood in Napa Valley, CA
Farmhouse Inn in Somona, CA
Two of wine country's most distinctive, privately-owned hotels celebrate their ties as friends and neighbors with a special Wintering in Wine Countries offering.  Meadowood in Napa Valley and Farmhouse Inn in Sonoma Valley invite you to celebrate the best of both valleys with a four-night getaway.  

Wintering in Wine Countries includes two nights' lodging for one couple at each beautiful property, a luxuriously romantic guest room with a cozy fireplace, breakfast each morning, a welcome bottle of local wine, two restorative spa treatments and customized wine tasting itineraries.

At Meadowood:
* Two nights in a Lawnview Terrace, Treeline Cottage or Woodland Room
* Breakfast each morning in The Grill overlooking the fairways, croquet lawns and wooded hillsides
* A bottle of Napa Valley Chardonnay upon arrival
* Two 60-minute Pure Relaxation Massages
* A customized Napa Valley wine tasting itinerary

At Farmhouse Inn:
* Two nights in a Barn Suite
* A welcome bottle of Russian River Pinot Noir
* Breakfast each morning
* Two 60-minute Wellness Solution Massages

* A customized Sonoma Valley wine tasting itinerary


Contact me for details and availability.


Mari
The world is Our Playground!!

No comments:

Post a Comment